Rules and Regulations
(Library 1st & 2nd floor/Media Operations 3rd floor)
The Learning Resources Center (LRC) is a place for thought, research and study for our academic community. In order to maintain an environment appropriate to our purpose, the following rules must be observed:
- Always be prepared to present your Identification Card upon request.
- A valid college ID is required for checking out books and other materials.
- Be considerate of those who are studying. Avoid lout conversations and disruptive behavior. Keep your phones in silence mode or turned off.
- A study room is available for group study and discussion on the second floor. Sign up for it at the second floor staff desk.
- The academic computing laboratory on the third floor is to facilitate your study and research. Sign in for computer use and be sure to have your print code.
- LRC materials circulate for two weeks and may be renewed in the library. Return books to the Circulation Desk or use the book drop near the front door.
- Textbooks are available on Reserve at the Circulation Desk. Students may check them out for use in the Learning Resources Center for a period of 3 hours. Renewal is possible if no user has placed a hold on the book.
- Students may check out DVD’s and CD’s for recreation. There is a limit of 2 items per user.
- Avoid loss of borrowing privileges, having to pay fines or replacement fees by promptly returning borrowed books and other materials.
- $.05 per day for an overdue book
- Overdue reserve books are $.25/per hour
- List Morris College book/DVD/CD (or equipment): Cost of item, plus a $10.00 processing fee where applicable.
- Lost PASCAL Delivers book (book from a PASCAL member institution): $100.00
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the LRC.
- Unauthorized removal or concealment of material or equipment from a library is a misdemeanor offense in South Carolina. Writing or marking in books is forbidden as is destruction of LRC property. Violators will be charged the cost of the item plus a $10.00 processing fee, and will be subject to disciplinary action by the college.
- Disrespecting LRC staff or any visitors will not be tolerated.
- As a courtesy to library users, no babies are allowed in the LRC.
Failure to follow the above rules and regulations may result in removal from the LRC by campus safety services. It may also cause loss of library privileges.
“Change Your World @ Your Library.” Find out more about how the LRC operates and what resources and services are offered at www.morris.edu/library1